Saturday, May 14, 2016

Free Will and Judgement



Free will is a double edged sword, everyday people make the decision to choose God or to choose the world. I have really been battling this lately. I have been choosing God, but the guilt of how many times I have not is difficult to stomach. And dealing with the consequences of others decisions.
I have been doing a study on Romans chapter one about God's wrath.
"The wrath of God is being revealed from Heaven against all godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness. 19 Since what may be known about God is plain to them, because God has made it plain to them. 20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature-have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are withuout excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him but their thanking because futile and their foolish hearts were darkened."
Romans 1:18-21
I have of late been struggling with thanking God for certain things in my life. I thank him daily for my life, my family, my housing, that I am not hungry etc... But I am really struggling with free will. 
As mentioned before free will is a double edged sword, in one way I am thankful that I have free will to decide what is right from wrong and choose God and the things he has planned for me, have faith and be thankful for the things that I have. But this also comes with OTHER people having free will. Being a Christian does not make you immune to the decisions and consequences of others' decisions. This is hard for me right now. We all have the choice, God is always around the corner with hand outstretched and we still stumble and some stumble more than others. I have heard a saying "Don't condemn people because they sin differently than you." God sees all sin the same. As a human it is hard to understand how he can be so forgiving and loving to people that don't appear to deserve it.
But, WE HAVE ALL SINNED AND FALLEN SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD! Itis not my place to judge the people around me, or point out to them that their actions are not "approved of by God." Because I, myself have fallen short, and will continue to fall short for the rest of my time on this earth.
I used to say "I can judge those around me when I can walk on water." This of course is not true, but simply an expression, it's not my place to judge. We will have our judgment one day before God himself.

On these bad days when I don't understand God's plan, and I don't understand why bad things happen. I simply have to have the faith that God knows better than I do. I must have faith when it' the hardest to do so. God has made it plain to us what he expects of us, he doesn't expect ANYONE to follow the rules 100% of the time, but he does want us to come back to him when we stray. And he always wants us to have faith in his will and timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment